Registration for the 2018 Get Outside Mountain Relay has been simplified and is designed to ease the financial burden of the Gomer Team Captain and Gomers.
Read this whole page, as there is information relevant to Captains and Gomers.
Team Registration Steps:
- The Captain will register a team and will pay the equivalent of 3 registrations (Ex. 3-$160 individual registrations equals $480.00) to hold a spot.
- Once the Captain has registered, he/she will be sent a discount code for two registrations.
- The next two Gomer Team Members (or whichever two the Captain chooses) will use the codes to register without payment. Those two registrants will reimburse the Captain their registration cost.
- Subsequent Gomer Team Members to register will do so by paying for their individual registration (Ex. $160). But that's all you'll pay.
There are discount periods, so it is important to get signed up as early as possible. You will pay the prevailing price when you register, regardless of when the Captain signs up.
There is a strict No Refund policy. See Substitutions and Transfers below for more information.
Now the complicated stuff.
We understand Gomers have to drop out for various reasons after registering. Below are the steps to follow for substituting Gomers. As of now, we will not be charging a substitution fee for 2018 and see how it goes. If it gets overwhelming, we may have to implement one.
- Captain will inform us which Gomer needs to be deleted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will delete that Gomer's registration, without refund, and send a discount code to the Captain to provide to their new Gomer.
- The new Gomer will register using the discount code. No payment is required, as we will honor the time when the withdrawing Gomer registered.
- The new Gomer will work out reimbursement to the deleted Gomer.
An individual Gomer or whole Team that needs to drop out of GOMR understands there are no refunds. However, assuming the individual Substitution method described above isn't desired, the Gomer or Team may drop out and elect to transfer their registration to the following year only. Transfer requests will not be honored inside two weeks of event date. If the team decides not to participate due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, their registration is forfeited.
If an individual transfer is desired:
- Captain will inform us which Gomer is dropping out and wants their registration transferred by emailing email@example.com.
- We will delete that Gomer's registration, without refund, and send a confirmation email to the Captain and deleted Gomer that their registration is intact for the following year only.
- We will contact the Captain that the Gomer has been deleted, so a new Gomer can register in their place. The new Gomer will pay online at time of registration.
- During the following year's open registration, it will be up to the transferred Gomer to inform us of which team they want to be placed on.
If a team transfer is desired:
- Captain will inform us of the team's desire to withdraw from the current year's GOMR by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will delete the team's registration, without refund, and send a confirmation email to the Captain that the team's registration is intact for the following year only.
- During the following year's open registration, the Captain will inform us that the team is to be placed back on the roster of teams.
- We will provide the Captain with discount codes equaling the amount of paid registrations for the team.
*Note: Transfers are only valid for the following year's GOMR. If registration fills up before the Captain informs us of the team's intent to participate, that registration may be forfeited completely.
Questions? Contact Head Gomer at email@example.com