Page updated with new information 12/15/17
Registration for the 2018 Get Outside Mountain Relay has been simplified and is designed to be the easiest relay race to register for. Everyone pays for their own registration, Captains included.
Read this whole page, as there is information relevant to Captains and Gomers.
Team Registration Steps:
- The Captain will register a team, creating a Team Name and Password (if desired) for the team. Captain will pay for his/her registration cost only (Ex. $160). If you've been provided with a discount code, enter it at Check Out.
- Once the Captain has registered, a link to the registration form will be included in your registration confirmation email so that you can forward the link, Team Name, and Password to the other members of your team.
- Subsequent Gomer Team Members will register and pay for their individual registration (Ex. $160).
There are discount periods, so it is important to get signed up as early as possible. You will pay the prevailing price when you register, regardless of when the Captain signs up.
There is a strict No Refund policy. See Substitutions and Transfers below for more information.
Now the complicated stuff.
We understand Gomers have to drop out for various reasons after registering. Below are the steps to follow for substituting Gomers. As of now, we will not be charging a substitution fee for 2018 and see how it goes. If it gets overwhelming, we may have to implement one.
- Captain will inform us which Gomer needs to be deleted at email@example.com.
- We will delete that Gomer's registration, without refund, and send a discount code to the Captain to provide to their new Gomer.
- The new Gomer will register using the discount code. No payment is required, as we will honor the time when the withdrawing Gomer registered.
- The new Gomer will work out reimbursement to the deleted Gomer.
An individual Gomer or whole Team that needs to drop out of GOMR understands there are no refunds. However, assuming the individual Substitution method described above isn't desired, a Gomer or Team may drop out and elect to transfer their registration to the following year only.
- Transfer requests outside of eight weeks of event date will be charged a $10 per runner transfer fee.
- Transfer requests between two and eight weeks of event date will be charged a $30 per runner transfer fee.
- Transfer requests will not be honored inside two weeks of event date.
If the team decides not to participate due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, their registration is forfeited.
If an individual transfer is desired:
- Captain will inform us which Gomer is dropping out and wants their registration transferred by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will delete that Gomer's registration, without refund, and send a confirmation email to the Captain and deleted Gomer that their registration is intact for the following year only, minus transfer fee.
- We will contact the Captain that the Gomer has been deleted, so a new Gomer can register in their place. The new Gomer will pay online at time of registration.
- During the following year's open registration, it will be up to the transferred Gomer to inform us of which team they want to be placed on.
If a team transfer is desired:
- Captain will inform us of the team's desire to withdraw from the current year's GOMR by emailing email@example.com.
- We will delete the team's registration, without refund, and send a confirmation email to the Captain that the team's registration is intact for the following year only, minus transfer fee.
- During the following year's open registration, the Captain will inform us that the team is to be placed back on the roster of teams.
- We will provide the Captain a code to register the team and Captain will pay the entire transfer fee.
- Once registered, we will provide the Captain codes to share with the team members to register without paying.
*Note: Transfers are only valid for the following year's GOMR. If registration fills up before the Captain informs us of the team's intent to participate, that registration may be forfeited completely.
Questions? Contact Head Gomer at firstname.lastname@example.org